by Roxanne - Tangerine Cooking School
BEETROOT or .......CAKE - (Go on - try it !!)
3 cups cake flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Allspice
1 tsp fresh grated Ginger 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 cup chopped Walnuts 1 tsp Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar 2 cups grated raw Beetroot (or Apple, Carrot, Butternut)
4 eggs 125ml Cooking Oil
2 tsp vanilla 540g Drained Crushed Pineapple
125ml Pineapple Juice
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients including the beetroot or whichever fruit or vegetable you've chosen.
2. Mix together all the wet ingredients with the crushed pineapple.
3. Mix together both sets of ingredients, pour into a ring tin and bake at 180 C for around 45 min (but we baked for 10 minutes longer).
4. Test with skewer and see if it comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool for around 20 minutes in the baking tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
So delicious even withour frosting, and has so many options. Kids love this and adults do too.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes for Kids.
Want to live better longer? Sign up for our occasional newsletter. Receive this free ebook, soma ceremony and other event updates and other valuable snippets. Your address will never be sold.
and receive our free ebook!